We (Florian Schulte) run an application called Macaw and would love for you to use it. Our basic service is free, and we may offer paid subscriptions and/or one time purchases for advanced features. Macaw is designed to store data related to your spending behavior and your account. While we take this responsibility very seriously we cannot be responsible for you inadvertently sharing this data with unauthorized parties due to user error or similar.
Personal Information Macaw collects about you
We only collect and store personal information that we actually need and only do so as you provide it.
- Financial Information. Due to the nature of the Application we collect financial information. This only includes information provided by you and we do not gather any additional information about your finances. Information could include your salary, income, assets and individual payments. This data is saved on your device or your iCloud, we don't have access to it.
- Product Feedback. When you decide to give feedback, request a feature or report a problem through Macaw or the Website we collect the contents of your feedback, request or report.
- Contact Information. When you contact us through email or the Website we store your email address along with the content and attachments of your message.
- Payment Processing. We may sell subscriptions and/or one time purchases through the Application. When you make a purchase we process those payments through the Apple App Store. The Apple App Store may collect certain financial information from you to process the payment, including any required billing information. We use Apple to process your purchase, you can find out more here.
You are not required to provide any of the personal data that we request, but in most cases we will not be able to provide you with products or services you request.
No personal information is collected automatically. While we do not collect usage data for analytics we may collect anonymous non-identifiable data automatically to diagnose and resolve issue in the Application.
Macaw’s use of Personal Information
Macaw needs personal information to power the Application’s services, to communicate with you and for your security.
- Power the Application’s Services. Most of the personal information is required to power the Application's services. Your personal data won’t be accessed for marketing purposes, data analysis or internal purposes. For example, if you create an expense we won’t know you created an expense nor any of the expenses contents. Nevertheless the Application uses this information to power content only visible to you and other users you shared it with.
- Communicate with you. To respond to your requests we may use personal information. If we learn of a security systems breach we may attempt to notify you by posting a notice or sending you an email. Macaw might also communicate with you via push alerts, you can manage or opt out from receiving such communications by changing the settings in the Application or on your phone.
- Security. We are using your personal information to keep your data secure and to prevent unauthorized access to your data.
Your data will be stored for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected.
Macaw allows you to share a Bucket and its contents with other Macaw users.
Access to the Bucket and its content is granted and revoked by the Bucket owner. That data is shared through iCloud with other users. We still won't have access to any of the data, only those people that you decided to share it with will.
Bucket owners can invite other users via their email address or phone number. You are advised to only invited people to your Bucket that you trust and we cannot ensure or warrant the security of personal information when sharing it with other users.
When you receive an invitation to a shared Bucket you are advised to only accept invitations from people that you trust and we cannot ensure or warrant the security of personal information when sharing it with other users.
People that you have shared the Bucket with will be able to see the name, which you set in your iCloud account. This data is provided and store by Apple and only accessed by us.
Providing Product Feedback
Macaw allows you to send us feedback in various places. This feedback is send to us via email. We store the message and attachments of that email and may reach out to you.
Protection of Personal Information
The safety and security of your personal information is also up to you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Application, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in shared Buckets. The information you share in Buckets may be accessed by other users of the Application.
We reserve the right to change the content of this Policy for any reason and at any time. Whenever we update this Policy you will be asked to read through it again when opening Macaw the next time.
Contact & Questions
Last modified 9. December 2021